Monday, March 27, 2006

Monday Art Joke

What a busy weekend! Two shows, back-to-back. Met lots of nice folks at the GartenFest in New Braunfels on Saturday. Several of David's photos found new homes as did one of my wildflower birdhouses. On Sunday, I was wearing a different hat as I represented the Hill Country Edge at a business expo hosted by the Canyon Lake Chamber of Commerce. Since this is my "art blog" I don't talk about my other projects much, such as the fact that I am the rep for the Edge for Canyon Lake, New Braunfels and Gruene. It certainly keeps everyone I know confused. :-) You never know where I'll turn up or what I'll be doing. But I always come back to my art. And speaking of which, I wanted to start the week with a really corny joke that I hope lightens your day!

The Painting Thief
Recently a guy in Paris nearly got away with stealing several paintings from the Louvre. However, after planning the crime, breaking in, evading security, getting out and escaping with the goods, he was captured only two blocks away when his Econoline van ran out of gas. When asked how he could mastermind such a crime and then make such an obvious error, he replied:
"I had no Monet to buy Degas to make the Van Gogh."

No comments: