Thursday, August 31, 2006

My Wildflower Garden


I've started a new variation on a theme I've been working with for awhile. It's a technique using a palette knife with acrylics, working wildflowers in bright colors on a soft black background. I had been working the flowers in a bouquet radiating out from a center point. This new series is more of a stand of wildflowers, similar to my large abstracts. I'm titling this series "Wildflower Garden." This is No. 1 in the series. As mentioned in my blog before, I'll be demonstrating this technique in October for the Windcrest Art League in San Antonio.
Other highlights in my life as an artist:
...I've been painting a lot this last few weeks and feel good about the results! I'm now "on break" from the classes for 2 weeks and will spend some of the time preparing for my booth at "Celebrate Art in the Garden" at the Antique Rose Emporium in San Antonio Sept. 9-10.
...Also, my solo show at the New Braunfels Starbucks Coffee has been extended into September!
...I'm chairing the Artoberfest show for the New Braunfels Art League. This is our really big, cash awards, juried/judged fine arts show. Let me know if you'd like more information.

1 comment:

Susan Carlin said...

Hi Linda! What fun to find your comment on my blog. It was a great reminder to come visit yours. Love the new palette knife work. You are either a glutton for punishment or an angel to be the chair for the ArtOberfest.
I miss seeing you. Let's collide soon, ok?
Love,
Susan