Thursday, November 01, 2007

NATIONAL NOVEL WRITING MONTH


"National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing November 1. The goal is to write a 175-page (50,000-word) novel by midnight, November 30," states the official NaNoWriMo website. Yes, I've signed up. As if I didn't have enough to do already but I've had this book swimming around in the back of my mind and I think it might be time to get it out (or let it out?). Only challenge is that I'm packing up and heading for a show this weekend (see the postcard in the next post), but I'm sure there will be "slow" times when I can at least jot some notes. Obviously, I can't imagine actually "writing" as opposing typing the novel. Of course, the novel with have something to do with wildflowers. According to the NaNoWriMo site, 16 of the novelists last year actually got published. I'll post notes about my progress here as I go through the month. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

J A Baker said...

I do, in fact, wish you the best of luck.

I tried to write short stories at one point in my life and found that I have no real knack for it.

I hope you do well with it!