Saturday, July 19, 2008

Update! Artist-Inspired Ladies Watch up for Bid on Bid.TV Iin the U.K. Again!! Is It Abstract Contemporary Wildflower Art or?



Hi Y'all this is David (Linda's Hubbie:) again and....

Hi to all of you other fans of Linda Calvert Jacobson's incredible Contemporary Wildflower Art!! Linda has just been too busy juggling, camps, classes and P.R. work all the while still creating new paintings of an Abstract but maybe closer to Abstract Impressionism style of floral paintings. What we have been calling her art is The Texas Contemporary Wildflower Series of original acrylic paintings. These large, bold, beautiful pieces of artwork are indeed hard to define.

Her licensing deal in England on Bid.TV continues this Monday July 21st in the 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.(U.K) time slot. That is 5 a.m to 5:30 a.m. for all you art lovers here in Texas. The live streaming is available by following this link for any of you that are brave enough to rise that early to watch it on bid.tv
That will take you the women's watches section. From there, you can search for "Linda Calvert Jacobson" and it should take you right to Linda's "Field of Dreams" painting made into this elegant ladies watch. On your left you will see the live streaming button. Use the higher speed if you are broadband and the lower number if you are on dial-up. The close is scheduled for 11:22 so if I understand it all and I am not positve I do yet?, but I think I do, you can actually bid on the 35 that are up for sale in this round.You know that this would make one of those unique gifts for that special lady in your life.

I promised you all that I would tell you how the first one went last Monday. Well guess what, I failed by a matter of minutes, but I missed it none the less. I will be up this time and I will give y'all an update on how fast this round goes I promise! I really was too excited for Linda last week and didn't sleep well (until it was too late of course).

As you folks know that are long time readers of this blog I am using words such as abstract, contemporary and abstract impressionism and this is because for all the years that Linda has been creating these happy emotionally uplifting pieces of artwork, we have not been able to define what style they really are other than contemporary wildflower paintings.

Maybe we need to do a survey and see what Linda's art collectors and you the readers of her blog and all her art students have to say. Maybe, just maybe from that we can find the words that best decribes these awe-inspiring pieces of art. I know that Jackson Pollock is an inspiration for her technique and this emotion evoking action art. But the anger or angst of much of abstract impressionism movement is calmly replaced by Linda with joy, hope, and happiness which manifests from the simple pleasure of admiring wildflowers on a rejuvenating Spring day. This is Happy Art not sad, not mad, but glad art.

Enough said already like Linda's has said too many times, wind me up and it hard to get me to stop, but stop I must, so you all can get back to the rest of your day or night whatever it might be, wherever you might be, as you read this and if you get a chance stop by and visit us at Casa De Linda Art in New Braunfels, TX or here on the web at....

www.LindaCalvertJacobson.com

P.S. I have more exciting news especially for you art collectors just north of us because.....
Well tune in soon cause Linda and I will be taking a short road trip soon for a one-woman show starring... our beloved Linda. We are both happy about this and I will be sharing news on this latest event coming soon. Its actually events and the good news just keeps coming....stay tuned and see ya soon.

All The Best to Everyone David

No comments: