Sunday, December 11, 2005

Full Circle


Like this milk can, my life continues to come full circle. Ages ago, it seems, I would do custom paintings of traditional Texas bluebonnet scenes. Last month, I had a call from Mary who wanted to give this antique milk can as a Christmas gift. I just delivered the finished product today and she was thrilled, which brings me more joy that I can express. It is truly wonderful to be appreciated and to know that my art will live on--whether it's on a stretched canvas, a wooden birdhouse, an emu egg (yes, I once painted a windmill and bluebonnet scene on an emu egg), or an antique milk can. Having grown up on a farm in the late 1950s and 1960s in rural South Texas where we had a small dairy, these old milk cans hold a special place in my childhood memories. Thank you, Mary, for bringing me this wonderful project!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know Mary she is my SIL and she had given me your blog so I could get a glimps of the milk can...and it is truly awesome...

peggy

Anonymous said...

Looking great, Linda. Very nice progress. I am impressed.

Best wishes,
Carl