Thursday, December 28, 2006

Art shows for January and Spring 2007


I'm starting to line up when and where my Contemporary Wildflowers will be shown during 2007. Here's a glimpse so far...

NEW BRAUNFELS ART LEAGUE GALLERY
The first exhibit of 2007 will be at the New Braunfels Art League Gallery (New Braunfels, Texas) for the annual Artists of the Month group exhibit. Each January, the gallery puts together an exhibit of all of the previous year's Artists of the Month and selects an Artist of the Year from the group. I was honored to be the February 2006 NBAL Artist of the Month (I won with "Sun Dance," a 4-foot-by-4-foot painting posted here). The show runs Jan. 4-30 with a reception on Thursday, Jan. 11 from 5-8 p.m.

DINNER WITH THE ARTS
The Greater New Braunfels Arts Council annual Dinner with the Arts is scheduled for Jan. 21. GNBAC is an umbrella organization of arts groups. As one of the NBAL Artists of the Month, I'll get to show my work at the event.

LADY BIRD JOHNSON WILDFLOWER CENTER
I've been selected to participate in "Wildflower Days Artisan's Festival" at the Wildflower Center in Austin, Texas on March 17-18. If you love art, love flowers, love Austin...put it on your calendar!

In other news...

ART CLASSES
I'm taking a break from teaching painting as I do every year. I'll start back on Jan. 16 at my studio in downtown New Braunfels. I have a few seats open in each class. Contact me if you are interested in learning the basics of acrylic painting. Classes are offer afternoons, after school, evenings and Saturdays for ages 10-adult.

FREELANCE WRITING PROJECTS
In addition to being an artist and art instructor, now and then I write. If you get the San Antonio Express-News, be watching for my byline (Linda C. Jacobson) on some articles in the SA Life section. The first will run this Saturday (a story on planting poinsettias in the ground). You can also read the stories online at www.mysa.com (I'll link the article in posting when it available).

WEBSITE
If you haven't visited my website, Casa de Linda, please do so. You can read about my Contemporary Wildflower series and more.

No comments: