Saturday, November 15, 2008

UPCOMING EVENTS, Nov-Dec 2008

This time of year is always so busy, isn't it? Well as if you don't already have enough to do, if you are in the Central Texas area, you might want to mark you calendar for these upcoming events:


Casa de Linda Holiday Open House & Student Art Show
NOV. 29-DEC. 4; Noon-5 p.m. daily; plus 5-8 p.m. on Dec. 4


Each year I host a Holiday Open House at my Casa de Linda Art Studio and Gallery in downtown New Braunfels, Texas. Last year, I added a special exhibit of paintings by my art students and will do the same again this year.
I'm lining up about 12 or 15 students, both children and adults, for this student show. This gives the public the opportunity to see the wonderful work of my students and gives them a chance to show their work off to friends and family. My Spring 2009 art class schedule will be available as well. I'll also have some new art of my own on display and a great selection of products with my wildflowers...just in time for Christmas!

Downtown New Braunfels' Wassailfest
Thursday, Dec. 4, from 5-9 p.m.


This is one of the coolest events around! They shuts the streets down for a block or so in all directions radiating out from the fabulously decorated Main Plaza. Then all of the shops and businesses serve free wassail all evening. Many stores will have special sales going on as well. At the New Braunfels Art League Gallery, they also serve cookies for the little ones. What a great family event! So pack up the kids and head to downtown New Braunfels on Dec. 4. And be sure to come up to my studio/gallery above the New Braunfels Art League Gallery and say hello!

Annual Holiday Shopping Event at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center; Dec. 6-7; Saturday 9-5:30, Sunday 12-5

I'm thrilled to be one of the artists invited to exhibit at this annual event. The Wildflower Center will be decked out for the holidays. In addition to the shopping event, my solo exhibit of 24 wildflower paintings will still be on display in the McDermott Learning Center gallery. Click here for more information about the Wildflower Center.

No comments: