Saturday, July 15, 2006

Paintings at Blood Bank


I was invited to take some of my work over to the new South Texas Blood and Tissue Bank branch location in New Braunfels (at Marketplace) this week. However, they wanted something "calming" to set folks at ease when they come in to donate blood. As an artist friend of mine says, my wildflowers SCREAM. But I do also paint more traditional works, such as the one posted here: "Another Spring on Bear Creek Road." It, along with "Texas Hill Country Spring" and "Honey Creek" are on display at the New Braunfels Blood Bank through the end of July. Bear Creek Road is what the old timers call FM 2722, which connects from FM 46 (just west of New Braunfels) to FM 2673 (South of Canyon Lake). I have painted this specific scene twice (hence "another spring..."). The first painting was sold a couple of years back to a Canyon Lake resident.

No comments: