Friday, May 25, 2007

KLRN Blazing Gavels Auction

PBS AUCTION
I took a bold step this year and donated a painting, ANOTHER SUN-KISSED MEADOW, to the San Antonio PBS station (KLRN, channel 9) for the upcoming Blazing Gavels auction. The auction is not until June (June 7-16) but my painting was featured during a 30-minute preview last night! It will be featured 3 nights during the auction. If I find out what nights, I'll post the info here. They are also supposed to include it on the Blazing Gavels website and you'll be able to bid on it online. So even if you aren't in the area, you can bid! If I sold this painting today, I would price it at $1600. However, my work is continuing to appreciate...so who knows the value next year! If you are finding me for the first time, please visit my online gallery and Casa de Linda website to see more of my contemporary wildflowers. My studio/gallery in downtown New Braunfels is open by appointment.

LICENSING 2007 INTERNATIONAL EXPO
Getting close to counting down the days until I'm in New York City at the Licensing International Exp. I'll be in the Simply Licensed booth for the 3 day show, June 19-21. This is my second trip (click here if you are interested in reading about last year's trip) to this show seeking opportunities for licensing my wildflowers.

ART CAMPS AND CLASSES
When people ask what I "do" and start going down the list, there's always "that look". Yes, I'm a busy woman! And on that list of things I do is teaching art classes and summer art camps from my studio in New Braunfels. So, if you are interested--for yourself or if you have a child in your life age 5 or older--check out my offerings for this summer. You can download a brochure from here or e-mail me at camps@casadelinda.com

1 comment:

Susan Carlin said...

Thanks, Linda, for the nice comment on your work. I see you've donated to KLRN, too. I'll watch for your painting on air. Hope to see you soon,
Susan