Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Views of Casa de Linda Studio and Gallery



If you have ever wondered what my studio and gallery look like, here's a glimpse from my recent Holiday Open House. I rent a space in a historic building in downtown New Braunfels, Texas, owned by the New Braunfels Art League, a non-profit, co-op that runs a wonderful gallery downstairs. From my studio/gallery upstairs, I can look out on street lined with businesses, but my favorite is Henne Hardware, whose claim-to-fame is being Texas' oldest hardware store. Like many of the buildings in this old German community, both Henne's and the Art League's still have their wonderful pressed tin ceilings. It makes a great place to paint, teach and exhibit my work -- my wildflowers. The space is not large, but as you can tell from the photos, I fill the walls from top to bottom so that my clients can see the work hanging when they come to visit. I rotate my available work between my studio/gallery, the gallery downstairs where I exhibit regularly, Art Frame and Beyond in San Antonio (Stone Oak), Gallery on the Square in Wimberley, Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center in Austin and at special exhibits at restaurants, coffee shops and other galleries.

No comments: