Tuesday, December 11, 2007

WEARING MANY HATS...BUT IT'S ALL ABOUT CREATIVITY!


Hello there! Not sure how you found my blog, but welcome! You may be a regular visitor, so welcome back. But if it's your first time to land here, you may be curious about what, exactly, I do. Well, first and foremost, I'm an artist. I've created a line of bright-n-bold-n-happy wildflower paintings that are finding their way around the world, as original art in private collections, as a line of greeting cards being distributed in the UK, New Zealand and Australia, and on a wide variety of products, ranging from mugs to mouse pads, through my online store (be sure to check out my new 2008 Wildflower Calendar!).

In addition to creating art, I love to teach art. I offer classes from my art studio housed in a 94-year-old building in downtown New Braunfels, Texas, above the New Braunfels Art League Gallery. Specializing in classes for beginners, I offer on-going painting classes and occasionally offer drawing and painting workshops, which I am doing this coming Spring.

When I'm not painting or teaching, I'm working as a freelance writer, graphic designer and marketing/PR consultant for local non-profit organizations and businesses. I've been serving on the "Be A Part of the Story" capital campaign committee to build a new library for Canyon Lake, the community that I call home when I'm not at my studio in nearby New Braunfels. If you care about libraries and would like to donate, you can do so online by just click here. Every little bit helps!

So that's a little about who I am. Just trying to make the world a better place. Who are you? Leave me a comment and tell me how you found my blog.

No comments: