Monday, May 05, 2008

TAKING MY WILDFLOWERS TO AUSTIN, NEW YORK...AND FLORIDA

Dear Friends,

Since I didn't get to post much last month, I thought I'd take a few minutes to update you on some the happenings in my life-as-an-artist. This past Friday and Saturday I celebrated the fourth anniversary for my Casa de Linda Art Studio and Gallery in New Braunfels. Had a wonderful Open House, meeting many new folks who were in town for the Texas HOG Rally (that's Harley Owners Group) and for Wein & Saengerfest. Also saw many "old" friends as well. On Sunday I spent a good part of the day packing up art and planning for my upcoming trip, as you'll read below. So here are some highlights for May...

WILDFLOWERS ON EXHIBIT AT KERBEY LANE CAFE IN AUSTIN

I'm having a one-woman exhibit of my work during the merry month of May at a fab eatery in Austin, Texas...Kerbey Lane Cafe. This will be the South Lamar location. I'll be hanging at least 15 paintings of various sizes. So if you are in Austin, please drop in to see my work on display and enjoy some great food, too!

WILDFLOWERS ON EXHIBIT AT SURTEX IN NEW YORK CITY

On May 15 we (that being me and my hubby, David) will be heading to New York City for our third visit and for our third participation in an art licensing trade show. This time we'll be exhibiting in a booth at Surtex. This is a huge trade show, drawing folks from all over the world who are looking for new and exciting art for products. In additional to repping my own work, I'll also be there representing 7 other artists in my booth, Casa de Linda Fine Art (booth #2531, in case you are interested).

LATEST LICENSING NEWS!

And speaking of licensing my wildflower art, I'm happy to announce my latest deal. Three of my paintings have been picked for a line of collector watches that will be sold on UK TV starting in July. I'm one of three international artists to be featured! I've had some great press on this deal, including a write-up on Licensing.biz.

SIGNING WITH FLORIDA GALLERY, LECHE-VITRINE ART ALLIANCE

Another bit of news...I've signed with Leche-Vitrines, an art gallery in Ft. Lauderdale. I'll be making an appearance there on May 22, on our way back for NYC. If you are in Southern Florida, be sure to stop in and see my work on exhibit at Leche-Vitrine.

BACK IN TEXAS

After the whirlwind trip, we'll be back in Texas by the end of May and I'll be ready to hit the ground running with a full schedule of Summer Art Camps for ages 5 and up and Painting classes for ages 10 and up.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: