Friday, February 24, 2006

Flood Series on exhibit at Tish's Decor & More Gallery





Thought I'd post pics of some of the works I now have up at Tish's Decor & More Gallery in Sattler. For those not from the area, Sattler is a village below the dam at Canyon Lake. In 2002, flood waters came over the spillway of the dam and created an amazing gorge between the lake and the Guadalupe River. I decided that I was obligated as an artist to document the historic event in my own way. I completed 12 paintings in the series, 5 of which are now in private collections. The remaining 7 are on display at Tish's Decor and More. I've posted 4 of the works here: Recalling the Flood of 2002 (12X24 framed, $195.00); Interpretation of the Flood I ((24X36 framed, $395.00); Canyon Gorge in the Spring II (12X24, framed, $195); and After the Flood-Spillway I (9X12 Framed, $145.00). If you are interested in adding one to your collection, they are all available for purchase at the gallery. I also have a few of my more traditional works up, as well as a sampling of my Wildflowers. And if you are in the area, Tish's is starting a montly event on the 3rd Saturday of each month: Art at Twilight. Come meet local artists, enjoy wine and cheese and art every 3rd Saturday from 4-7 p.m. Visit online at www.tishsdecor.com for more information.

No comments: