Monday, February 06, 2006

Shows are up

I had 2 shows to work on this past week...my Artist of the Month exhibit and a children's art show, both at the New Braunfels Art League Gallery. This is my 4th year, I think, to work on the Kids Have a Heart for Art show that the art league sponsors. I'm sort of chair the thing but have some help along the way from other members, especially fellow member and friend Lynette. We invite 5th and 6th grade teachers from through out the county to submit students' work and the turn out is always so amazing. Had a cookie-n-punch reception on Friday with several hundred in attendance.

Then there was my own work that I was hanging this week. I have about 8 paintings on display, with "Sun Dance", the 4-ft square in the window. My reception for that exhibit is coming up this week...Thursday eve. Still have lots to do to get myself and my studio ready.

No comments: