Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Wildflowers in their home


OK...it sounds like a cliché, but my paintings really are like my children--or at the very least precious pets-- and it feels so good to know when they have good homes. David and I recently went back to visit the couple in Boerne who added 2 of my works to their art collection in December--and to take photos of the work in their new home. I'm posting the pic of "Spring Medley," the first 4-foot square wildflower I had completed last year, so you can see how it looks filling the wall in the formal dining room.
We are getting ready for my "Artist of the Month" reception at the New Braunfels Art League Gallery tomorrow evening, 5-8 p.m. We are hoping for a great turn out between the invitations we sent out and the fact that the historic downtown business district will be open for its "2nd Thursdays Downtown" monthly shopping event. Please come if you can!

2 comments:

MamaChristy said...

Lovely! It does look so at home there; like you painted it to live in that very spot.

Unknown said...

Thank you Christy! I chose the "wide" shot to post so you can see how it works with the setting. Even the flowers on the table work with it! Hope you can make it to NB sometime.