Monday, March 13, 2006

The morning after an Art Show

Recovering from the weekend art show in Austin this morning. For those of you who have "done" shows you know how I'm feeling today. For those of you who haven't...well, it's sort of like waking up after being run over by a train. Sorry for the clicheƃ©, but it's Monday...after a show. Saw lots of friends this weekend and made a few new ones. Seven of my wildflowers (3 palette knife style and 4 from the Wildflowers Squared series), now have new homes! I always feel so honored when people choose to buy my work. So if you are one of those folks reading this right now: THANK YOU! Lots to do this week. Many of you know that art is only part of my life and career. But on the art side, I teach painting Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays (when I don't have a show lined up). My next event will be this Sat, March 18, at "Art at Twilight" from 5-7 p.m.
at Tish's Decor and More Gallery in Canyon Lake. I'll be there by 6 p.m. since I have a class that goes until 5. My next arts and crafts show will be the GartenFest in New Braunfels on March 25 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at Conservation Plaza. I'm "considering" the Founders Fest in Dripping Springs on April 8-9 but haven't made the commitment yet. We are set to to a double whammy later that month: on April 22-23 I'll be at the Antique Rose Emporium in San Antonio. I've been *invited* to participate in a fine arts show there. On Saturday of that weekend, David will be at the Canyon Lake Market Day at the Rec Center. Then we have Wein and Sangerfest in New Braunfels on April 29. Spring is such a busy time for art shows and festivals! Let me know if you need anymore information on any of these events. I'll be happy to accommodate!

1 comment:

Susan Carlin said...

Hi Linda! I loved seeing you- however briefly- at FACET on Saturday. Hope to catch you for lunch soon. Maybe Thursday??
Love,
Susan