Thursday, March 23, 2006

Spring Break?

No art classes this week since both of the local school districts are on Spring Break. But I've had plenty to do! Sat on a business panel for the New Braunfels Art League meeting Tuesday night. Hopefully shared some helpful hints about finding success as an artist, though I am a work in progress myself. Shared the panel with 2 fellow art league members, Becky Hicks and Rita Kirkman. They both have their acts together and their goals set. You can see their art at www.beckyhicksart.com and www.ritakirkman.com. This Saturday I'll be setting up at GartenFest, an annual event hosted by the New Braunfels Conservation Society. Hours are 9 a.m.-1 p.m., so if you are in the area drop in and please drop by my booth where I'll have my Texas Wildflower Birdhouses, Wildflowers Squared paintings and David's scenic photography. Post a comment if you need more information or directions. Admission is free (unless you want to attend the seminars, then there's a $20 donation) and the grounds are very cool. Lots of old, historic buildings have been moved in and restored. Next big show will be April 21-23 at the Antique Rose Emporium in San Antonio. I've been invited to display at The Gallery at the Hacienda de las Rosas, their first gallery art show. You can get more info at www.antiqueroseemporium.com. This site covers both the original Brenham location and the San Antonio location on Evans Road.

No comments: