Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Dealing with rejection

So I got the notice in the mail today. It was a postcard that I stamped and addressed when I submitted my painting last week for the juried show in San Antonio (see my last post). Turned it over hoping to see the "accepted" box checked. It was blank. The check I was looking for was parked in the "rejected" box. Bummer. I know that this comes with the territory but it still cuts deep. So I pick myself up (and plan to pick up my painting this weekend) and look to the future. I will be taking this work to the Austin FACET show in less than 2 weeks (yikes! I have only a week and a half to get ready!)...perhaps someone will see it, love and take it home. That would be sweet.

2 comments:

MamaChristy said...

So sorry to hear this. SAALM doesn't know what they are talking about (obviously!).

Unknown said...

Thank you Christy! It's the support of friends and fans that help me make it through stuff like this.