Thursday, March 30, 2006

Now in Gallery on the The Square in Wimberley


Great news to share! I'm now in Gallery on The Square in Wimberley! For those not familiar with the area, Wimberley is this cute little day-trip destination for Austinites, Houstonions, San Antonioians and anyone making a drive through the Texas Hill Country. It's located on RR12, west of San Marcos. There's a concentrated downtown area with lots of old buildings that are now shops, restaurants and one really great contemporary art gallery: Gallery on The Square (yes, there are other galleries that carry more traditional work). David and I visited earlier this year on our way home from Austin where we had be checking out galleries to approach. It seemed like such a natural fit for my abstract work. They are tight on space and were not able to consign any of my larger Wildflowers. But, they were able to take on a good selection from my Wildflowers Squared series. (The photo posted here is from my foray into e-Bay last year--hence the line about "now bidding"-- which I have since discontinued.) As you can see, they are stretched canvas in gallery wrap style, meaning they do not need frames (no staples) and the paint continues over the edge of the canvas. I included samples from each size in the series, 4-inch, 6-inch, 8-inch, 10-inch and 12-inch. You can view more samples on my website in my online gallery, http://www.casadelinda.com/artgallery.htm. And just so you know, I have some broken links that I need to fix when I get a chance. But you should still be able to view the gallery. And if you want to learn more about Gallery on the Square, visit http://www.galleryonthesquare.com.
So that's my newest news!

No comments: