Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Artist of the Month

Exciting news to share! At the New Braunfels Art League meeting last night, I was selected as the February Artist of the Month. Each month, members are invited to submit a work of art, with the artist's name covered, at the general meeting for the members to vote on. I presented my yet-untitled four-foot square painting that I posted her a few days back. I competed several times last year but was always beat out, usually by more traditional, realistic work. What this award means is that I get to display my work in a front window for the whole month of February. In addition, I'll have some extra display space in the gallery in the same general area. I can't wait to see that bright yellow wildflower painting fill the front window facing W. San Antonio Street! Incidentally, I believe the image that I uploaded here came in a little darker than the original. I also get my bio in the art league's newsletter and can have a reception at the gallery to celebrate the award, which I plan to do. So if you are in the area, mark your calendar for the Second Thursday of February (Feb. 9) and come join me from 5-8 that evening. Many of the downtown New Braunfels businesses are now open late on "Second Thursdays" so I'm hoping for a good crowd!

No comments: