Monday, January 30, 2006

Monday Morning

The sun's shining and the birds are chirping...it's a great day in the Texas Hill Country. I spent the morning in my studio yesterday working on palette knife florals. I'll try to post them here or on my "lindaswildflowergallery" blog sometime this week. Picking up my work from Kerbey Lane Cafe in Austin tomorrow where it's been on display all month. Then I'll be hanging some of it at the New Braunfels Art League Gallery for my "Artist of the Month" display for February. It's going to be a busy week...a busy month...a busy Spring! If you are in the area, mark your calendar for Thursday, Feb. 9 for my AOM reception at the gallery from 5-8 p.m. It'll be held during "Downtown 2nd Thursdays," an evening of shopping when a good many of the stores stay open late. New Braunfels is following a nationwide trend of trying to get folks back downtown...even if for just one night a month. The New Braunfels Art League sort of led the way summer before last when they started something called "3rd Fridays Hot Art After Hours." Now it's a monthly thing, but on 2nd Thursdays. So drop in sometime if you can!

No comments: