Monday, January 16, 2006

Wildflowers without names






Had a great time at my "meet the artist" event yesterday. Met up with some old friends--expected and unexpected--which made my day! Thanks, guys, for your support! Talked with a few strangers about my work and gave out a few postcards. Every little bit of exposure helps and I'm still so excited that my work is being viewed by thousands of people this month while on display at Kerbey Lane Cafe.
I have several new works that are ready for names and I'm hoping that YOU can help me. (Last time I did that, I got some great suggestions, which I have used!) I'm uploading the new images with this blog entry. Look them over, think about it, and post any thoughts you have for titles. They range in size from 24X30 to 48X48. Yes, I've done another four-foot-square painting! It's the bright yellow one. Thanks for you help!

3 comments:

Susan Carlin said...

Hi Linda,
Ok, Here are my offerings for titles, top to bottom:
Meadow By The Stream,
On A Clear Day,
Butterscotch Flowerpatch,
Magenta Morning,
Twilight Dance.

I'm glad your experience at Kerbey Lane has been good. Yea!
Love,
Susan

MamaChristy said...

Hi Linda!

These are so great and I really hope that this exhibition results in some sales for you.

I know that these are generally flowers on the bottom and sky on top, but the first one almost looks like flowers in front of a pond. Perhaps it should be called "View from a picnic" because this is about my perfect idea of the view from a blanket.

I won't suggest names for the others; Susan did a GREAT job coming up with names.

Christy

Unknown said...

Here's what a friend e-mailed to me after viewing the pics:
They are such happy paintings that they make me smile!

The first one listed on your blog...the one with the green background:
Dreamy Daze..or Days

The big yellow one: A Walk on the Wild Side or Call of the Wild

The one with a pink background:
Tickled Pink

The last one...very peaceful: Harmony

The second one: 2 Willow Road (that will get people wondering). It's the address of a famouss house http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-vh/w-visits/w-findaplace/w-2willowroad.htm