Friday, January 20, 2006

Still naming wildflower paintings

I'm still in a quandry, but I'm getting closer to completing the task of names the new works. I'm going with "Sunshine Meadow" for the 4-foot-square painting. A little simple, but I really just "see" the sun when I look at it. People keep using the word "happy" to describe my work and I'm resisting using that in a title. I also thought about "Sun Washed Meadow", "Sunny Wildflower Meadow", "Wildflowers Bask in the Sun". It's not a done deal yet, so if any of these...or any other titles, strick your fancy, let me know! Oh, and I'm still looking for "Latte" something for the off white and I need a name for the light blue.

Edited about an hour later: David and I brainstormed and came up with a title for the light blue: "Dawn's Early Light."

Edited again: Thinking "Caffe Latte Grande" for the off-white sky. What do YOU think?

1 comment:

Susan Carlin said...

"Sundrenched Abundance" occurs to me. Hey, it was great to see you at NBAL last night, "artist" clothes or not.
Hugs,
Susan