Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Help me name these, please!


I'm posting 2 new Wildflower paintings today. I finished these right after Christmas. I've been thinking of how my paintings look in homes, on walls of various colors. I know that many people have neutral walls, so I'm exploring background colors that may work with a variety of home decor. Perhaps I was also influenced by the color of the landscape in the Texas Hill Country. Now that we are in winter, the grass has turned brown and tan and shades of cream. Yet, in my heart and mind's eye the Wildflowers continue to bloom and brighten even the most dreary of days. I need your help dear reader. I have yet to title these two new works. I'm considering "Yellow Ochre Daze" for the smaller of the two, which is 24X36. I have no title in mind for the second work, which is a whopping 36x48. Do YOU have some suggestions? I would love to see them in a comment. Since the works are new, they are available for purchase as well. Please contact me if you are interested.

3 comments:

Susan Carlin said...

Mellow Meadow?

Carmel Summer?

They're just beautiful.

Amanda said...

Those are really lovely! Maybe a title using "honey"? "Under a Honey Sky"?

Unknown said...

Oh...I LOVE them all! Susan, I was thinking something "caramel" but couldn't put it together. And "honey" is wonderful Amanda! Thank you! I'll wait to see if any other good titles good posted. I'll have to do this more often!