Sunday, May 21, 2006

Progress on preparing for Licensing show


I almost feel like I need to create another blog just to journal about my journey to make it to the International Licensing Show. Every day I try to spend some time on some aspect of preparing for the show. For example, last week I completed a few more paintings to choose from. They are photographed for copyright registration. I now need to varnish them so they have time to cure so I can pack everything up to ship it to New York. In going over the options last night I've decided my best bet is to ship the work to the Freeman warehouse (it has to be there by June 8). Freeman handles the material (and decorating) for the Jacob Javits Convention Center. They will store the work and bring it to my booth during set up on Monday, June 19--all for a fee, of course. Every time I turn around, there's a price tag in addition to what I've already paid for the booth. No one said this would be cheap or easy. So here it is Sunday morning. I leave in 29 days. On today's agenda: work on a spiffy business card design and flyer to print up to have something to hand out; work on a nice packet that I'll have for those really serious contacts (that'll include a CD burned with images, my bio, etc.); varnish the paintings ... and I volunteer at the New Braunfels Art League Gallery today!
If you haven't seen my latest works, please click over to my wildflower gallery and help me name these paintings! Thanks!

No comments: