Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Welcome May!

What a month April turned out to be! As usual, I took on more projects than what I could accomplish. Well, not really as I managed to get just about everything done...and pretty much on time. In regards to art (I do other things, but that's not what this blog is about), I had a great day at Wein and Saengerfest in New Braunfels. Pleased with the help I had setting up the booth (thanks Kay and Karen!), the company I had all day (thanks Bonnie!), the sales (yippee!), and the weather was great! What more could I ask for? Spent Sunday cleaning and organizing my studio (mostly done) and then on Monday I completed my giant art stein. Mine will be one of 41 on display this summer in New Braunfels. Chase Bank is sponsoring my SpringStein. It looks a lot like my birdhouses...typical Texas Spring Landscape. I'll post a photo in the next few days.

I have something really big on the horizon. I've signed up for a booth at the International Licensing Show in New York. That's where I'll be come June 20-22! My hope, my dream is to interest one or more manufacturers in licensing my Wildflowers for any number of products: textiles, bed-n-bath, dinnerware, clothes, purses, ties...imagine the possibilities! So, I have less than 7 weeks to 1) raise the money to finance the trip, 2) book the airline and hotel, 3) create a marketing plan including news releases, bio, etc. 4) design and print material for packets to give out, 5) figure out what paintings I'm taking and how I'm getting them there, and, well, you get the picture!

On top of that, this month I celebrate my second anniversary for the Casa de Linda Art Studio and Gallery! Wow, it's been 2 years since I opened the doors on my studio upstairs at the New Braunfels Art League Gallery! Also, on top of THAT, I'm putting together my summer art camps and class schedule! Whew!

Since I want to celebrate my anniversary, promote my summer camps and raise money for my New York trip, I'm going to throw one big SALE-A-BRATION next week. It'll start with 2nd Thursday reception, Thurs May 11 from 6-8 p.m. Then continue through to Sunday. I'll have some great specials...the sales flyer is going in the mail in a few days. If you are interested and you are not on my mailing list, please e-mail me (linda@casadelinda.com) and I'll send you a pdf version. The more the merrier! Oh..and my stein along the other 40 steins will be on display as well!

No comments: